Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula Oily and Acne-Prone Skincare Range (Part 2)

Dear lovelies,

After my Part 1 review on TDF skincare, this is the Part 2 of the review, which I will be sharing my thoughts about the other products in the Oily and Acne-Prone skincare range.

First up, I will be reviewing on the TDF Mild Astringent
This clarifying toner removes traces of cleanser and impurities, leaving skin smooth and clean. It maintains the healthy balanced pH level of the skin and aids in the application of serum and moisturiser products thereafter. Recommended for oily skin, it tightens pores, controls acne and keeps blackhead-bearing oil at bay.


Functional ingredients:
Exfoliant (Citric Acid), Lavender (Lavandula Augustifolia) Oil, Humectant (Propylene Glycol)





Recommendations for use:
Soak a cotton pad and apply to required areas or as directed by your physician.

My thoughts:
I trust by this toner every time after cleansing my face as it helps to cleanse away any residue remaining on my skin and helps to minimise the appearance of my pores. This product also helps with oil control. Definitely a great product or oily, combination and acne-prone skin. I highly recommend this mild astringent for oil and acne control.

My rating:
5/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next product is the TDF AHA Oily & Acne Solution 8.

Containing 8% glycolic acid, this formula helps to control breakouts and clear up complexion. It helps prevent blemishes from forming by clearing clogged pores, correcting enlarged pores and removing excess oil or other lipids present on acne-prone skin. When used regularly, skin is smoother and shine is kept under control.


Functional ingredients:
Exfoliant (Glycolic Acid), Antiseptic (Chlorhexidine Digluconate), Humectant (Propylene Glycol)





Recommendations for use:
After cleansing and drying skin thoroughly, apply liberally twice daily or as directed by your physician. 

My thoughts:
I use this product to cleanse my skin of dead skin cells and for controlling of oil production of my skin. Initially, I used it daily, then I realised that the product is a little strong for my sensitive skin as it left my skin with slight redness after every use and made my skin vulnerable to breakouts. Therefore, I reduced to using it on alternate days and started to see my skin become more balanced and my breakouts started to heal. After continuous using for weeks, my skin began to clear up and the clarity of my skin improved. 

My rating:
4/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When acne started to surface on my skin, this Acne E-Rase is one of the acne products that I would use.

A blend of advanced deep exfoliating ingredients that control the most common concerns associated with acne by regulating the sebum production. This acne treatment gel addresses future blemishes before they even appear and treats existing blemishes, breakouts and blackheads without over drying the skin.


Functional ingredients:
Exfoliant (Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid), Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Amino Acids (Proline, Serine, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine, Alanine, Arginine, Threonine), Sodium Hyaluronate.



Recommendations for use:
After cleansing and drying skin thoroughly, apply on the affected acne spot twice daily or as directed by your physician. 


My thoughts:
This Acne E-Rase is watery in texture and absorbs into my skin pretty quickly. This product works well on inflamed acne with pus than on headless acne that swells from within. This is because of the ingredients and functions of the ingredients in this Acne E-Rase. How it works is that the exfoliants (Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid) will first remove the dead skin cells that clog up the pores, then the Witch Hazel astringent constricts the pores and relieves skin irritation, next Vitamin B5 heals and reduces redness and inflammation in and around acne lesion, and Vitamin B3, Vitamin C and Licorice helps to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation scar, follows by sodium hyaluronate that prevents skin from over-drying. Therefore, if you have inflamed acne, this is a wonderful product to help clear acne and heal the skin.

My rating:
3.5/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 For people with oily and combination skin concerms, a good and light moisturiser is much needed and TDF Ultra Light Hydrator is a good product to recommend.

A mattifying moisturiser, this sheer lightweight formula hydrates the skin to restore moisture balance and regulates sebum production,keeping blackhead-bearing oil at bay. Regular use enhances skin's texture, firmness and clarity. Oil-free and with a non-greasy finish, it is also excellent as a makeup base.


Functional ingredients:
Emollient (Glyceryl Stearate), Humectant (Propylene Glycol), Skin conditioning agent (Myristyl Myristate)


Recommendations of use:
Apply sparingly to damp skin after thorough cleansing or as directed by your physician.




My thoughts:
This is one of the best moisturisers I have come across thus far. I love how lightweight the moisturiser is and it gets absorbed into my skin very well, leaving no stickiness or greasiness on my skin. It works perfect as a makeup base too and holds on to my makeup very well but really hope the hydrating results could last through the whole day. This moisturiser is something I trust by for sebum and moisture balance of my skin. 

My rating:
4.5/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After moisturising our skin, we need to also protect our skin with this TDF Age Denfense PA+++ UVA/UVB SPF50+ Sunscreen.

This high performance sunscreen provides maximum blockage against age-inducing UVA and harmful UVB rays with PA+++ rating and ultra microfine zinc oxide. It is clinically proven to protect the skin from sunburn, skin darkening and future photo damage. Enriched with CoQ10, this silky and lightweight cream improves the overall skin texture for a healthier and more radiant complexion. Non-whitening, non-oily and fragrance free, this sunscreen is suitable for all skin types.



Functional ingredients:
CoQ10 (Ubiquinone), Vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate), Squalane, Sunscreen agent (Zinc Oxide), Emollient (Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Caprylyl Glycol)


Recommendations for use:
Apply generously to dry skin before sun exposure. Smooth evenly on all exposed areas. Reapply after swimming or excessive perspiration or as directed by your physician.


My thoughts:
With its high SPF value, I am surprised that this sunscreen is not greasy at all! Its watery and lightweight texture makes it easy to spread across the skin and settles on the skin very well. It does not leave the skin looking white and pale, non feel greasy or sticky on my skin. Another product that I would recommend for people with combination skin because you will love it too!

My rating:
5/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last product that I want to share about in this skincare range is the TDF Clay Mint Mask.

This clarifying mask combines natural earth clays- kaolin and bentonite for intensive pore-purging and elimination of impurities. It de-congests clogged pores by drawing out dirt, excess sebum and other cellular debris. Weekly use of this mask detoxifies the skin to unveil a clearer and more refined complexion.



Functional ingredients:
Absorbent (Kaolin, Bentonite), Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Emollient (Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl, Palmitate)


Recommendations for use:
Apply desired amount of mask to cleanse face and neck. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat the skin dry with a soft towel and apply a moisturiser. 


My thoughts:
Upon application, a cooling sensation could be felt on the skin and it does help to remove impurities and excess sebum from the skin. After using it for a period of time, I find that my skin is clearer and my acne dries up faster, and I also suffer from lesser blackheads and breakouts. This Clay mask is also not drying to my skin too! Will definitely continue to use this clay mask to help improve my skin condition.

My rating:
5/5

Photo below is an update on my current skin condition. My skin have become more evenly tone and there is an improvement in the clarity of my skin. Acne were also clearing up and my pores became more refined. Thus far, I am happy with the results experienced and seen on my skin after using TDF Oily and Acne-Prone skincare range. This range has proven to work well on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I am satisfied with the outcome.


Visit this website for the list of places in which you can purchase Therapeutic Dermatologic Formula products http://therapeutic-derma.com/purchase/where-to-buy/singapore/

Love,
Yvonne
Follow me on my Instagram and Twitter at @SimYvonne

10 comments:

  1. Whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your
    posts. Keep up the good work! You realize, lots of
    persons are hunting around for this information, you could help
    them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and individually recommend to
    my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post! We will be linking to this particularly
    great post on our site. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohh exactly what I was searching for, appreciate it for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of
    the greatest blogs on the internet. I'm going to highly
    recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time go to see at here and i am in fact
    impressed to read everthing at one place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting
    for your further post thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have brought up a very good points, appreciate it for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woh I like your content, saved to favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...