Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Review and LOTD: GOSH Cosmetics Spring/Summer 2014

For Spring/Summer 2014, the biggest makeup and skincare trends celebrate a playful and fuss-free attitude to beauty, with innovative and easy-to-use products that deliver seriously beautiful, long-lasting results.

With that in mind, GOSH cosmetics is excited to introduce the GOSH CC Cream, an illuminating foundation named after its amazing colour-correcting powers. GOSH cosmetics also has stunning new season colours for eyes, lips and nails to take any beauty look right up to the minute, along with cool mascaras that turn the spotlight on eyes with seriously longer and fuller flashy lashes. It's time to start having fun with GOSH Cosmetics versatile new products and looks!

The first product I am going to share about is the GOSH Cosmetics CC Cream -Illuminating Foundation. CC Cream is short for Colour Correcting Cream and it is the beauty industry's latest secret weapon. Like the cult BB cream, CC cream offers five results in one easy step:
Delivering light coverage, moisture and SPF 10 sun protection, CC Cream illuminates skin and evens out skin tone thanks to light-reflecting pigments that hide any skin imperfections. 

The active ingredient Gatuline Radiance keeps skin looking flawless with its anti-aging properties that improve skin micro-circulation. The formula is oil-free and made without any perfume or parabens.
It comes in a tube packaging which you can squeeze out a fresh amount to use and not be concerned about oxidization of the product.

This is the foundation squeezed fresh from the tube and the shade is in 04 Natural but for people with fairer skin, you can consider 01 Porcelain, 02 Ivory, 03 Sand, and for people with darker skin tone, you can consider 05 Honey or 06 Golden.
My thoughts: 
The foundation blends into the skin easily and almost instantly, without giving any greasy or sticky feel to the skin as this foundation is oil-free. The light reflecting ingredient also helps to give the skin the added radiance and glow but without giving too much shine to cause the skin to look unnatural. This foundation also gives my skin the smooth powdery texture after application. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this GOSH CC cream foundation. However, for people with oily skin, you may find that this foundation does not sit on the skin for long, so maybe you would like to apply a face primer before applying this product over your face.   

My ratings: 4/5
Retail price: S$31.90 at all SaSa stores.


Next up is the GOSH Cosmetics Smokey Eyes Palette in 01 Black. It comes with a guide on the packaging to teach first timers how to create smokey eyes makeup. Honestly speaking, I have never been a fan of smokey eyes because of the shape of my eyes. I always find that smokey eyes makeup makes my eyes hardly visible and it gives me a huge patch of dark colours on my eyelids. However, I managed to use this GOSH Cosmetics eye palette to create a simple, minimal smokey look.
The Eye Shadows in this Smokey Eyes Palette has an amazing pay-off and very strong colour intensity and the colours could be easily picked up with a makeup brush and even with our fingers  The eyeshadow also has a slight shiny surface that looks beautiful when mixing the colours and it is possible to use the lighter colours as a highlight in the inner corner of the eye and on the brow bone directly under the eye brow.

The eye makeup that I created:
My thoughts:
The dark black eyeshadow is very intense and I  tried to tone down with the lighter grey and the white highlight whenever I've applied too much of the black eyeshadow on my eyelids. The best thing that I like about GOSH Cosmetics eyeshadow is the easiness to blend the colours together and the fineness of the eyeshadow powders such that the colours do not look patchy on my eyelids after application.

My ratings: 4/5


Another product introduced by GOSH Cosmetics for the Spring/Summer 2014 is the Darling Lahes - Extreme Volume Mascara. This mascara works to turn up the volume and magnify eyes.

The twisted wire brush is designed to give the lashes an instant, extreme boost, adding maximum volume to each individual lash. The wide gaps in the brushes help the lashes to be separated and defined for an ultra-feminine baby doll look.

Here's the look of my lashes after coating it with GOSH mascara. 
My thoughts:
Actually, I find the shape of the mascara brush a little awkward and didn't find it easy to use since the bristles are of different length and when I'm not careful in applying my mascara, I ended up staining my eyelids. Luckily, the stains could be easily removed with a moist cotton bud but you don't have to worry about smudging mascara as it remained coated to the lashes even when in contact with water unless you rubbed it. This GOSH mascara did help to lengthen and voluminise my lashes slightly but not to the dramatic extent.

My ratings: 3/5
Retail price: S$21.90 at all SaSa stores.

My LOTD create with GOSH Cosmetics CC Cream Illuminating Foundation, Smokey Eyeshadow Palette and Darling Mascara.

Lastly, it is the GOSH Nail Lacquers in 024 Baby Blue and 594 Miss Grey.

I like the brush of these nail lacquers as the brushes are firm and easy to apply onto the nails. The nail lacquer coats nicely on my nails with 2 coats and the colour does not peel off easily, lasting up to a week without chipping. I love the quality of GOSH nail lacquers!

GOSH Cosmetics products can be purchased at all SaSa stores. You can visit the stores to play with the products before deciding if you would like to purchase them or not.
Signing off with another photo of my LOTD.

Love,
Yvonne
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter: @SimYvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...