Translate

Monday, March 24, 2014

Mary Kay® CC Cream Sunscreen SPF 15 and Mary Kay® Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush

Mary Kay is going to add 2 new products into their beauty and skincare categories, and the products are Mary Kay® CC Cream Sunscreen SPF 15 and Mary Kay® Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush.

The Mary Kay’s CC Cream Sunscreen SPF 15:
· Delivers eight benefits in one step: Protects, Brightens, Corrects, Minimizes Redness, Conceals, Hydrates, Reduces visible signs of aging, and Defends
· Available in four shades (Very Light, Light to Medium, Medium to Deep, Deep)
· Starting 1st April 2014, retails at S$37



General information
Mary Kay® CC Cream Sunscreen SPF 15, the “Complexion Corrector” that acts like makeup to instantly correct complexion imperfections while formulated like a skin care to help nurture skin’s beauty. This product is claimed to be remarkably lightweight and you will look naturally flawless as if wearing nothing at all. Suitable for all skin tones and skin types, and especially tested on Asian skin, the sunscreen provides instant lightweight coverage that masks imperfections in an easy, all-in-one step.


Formula Attributes:
· Suitable for all skin tones and skin types, including acne-prone skin and sensitive skin.
· Oil-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested and tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
· Suitable for and tested on Asian skin.

The 2 shades that I tried are Light to Medium (on the left), and Medium to Deep (on the right).

Ingredients in Light to Medium shade:

Ingredients in Medium to Deep shade:

The product comes in pump tube that ensures hygiene is taken care of while dispensing fresh product from the tube and prevents the remaining product from premature oxidization. However, the difficulty in controlling the amount to dispense is my concern and sometimes, I ended up dispensing more amount than I actually needed. 

Let me swatch the 2 different shades for you and see how the CC creams work on my skin. Light to Medium shade (at the top) has pinkish undertone and best for people with dull-looking skin to give the skin a healthier appearance, and Medium to Deep shade (at the bottom) has yellowish with slight pinkish undertone that helps to correct the skin's redness yet not making the skin appears pale.

The photo below shows the shades of the two CC creams after blotting off the excess.

After leaving the CC creams on my skin for 10 minutes, the CC creams seemed to have become matte and the shades did not seem so harsh on any skin as compared to when they were first applied. I think this is because of the "Complexion Corrector" property that works to adjust its shade to suit my skin tone more closely though not perfectly.

My review:
On the day that I went to River Safari, I applied the Medium to Deep shade as my skin was experiencing some redness and breakouts. After trying the CC cream, I find that it worked well in evening out my skin tone and illuminated my skin overall appearance. It also helped to conceal my skin's redness and blemishes. The product felt pretty light-weight on my skin and worked in hydrating my skin, minimizing the appearance of my fine lines and pores. However, with its low SPF value of 15, this means that this product only gives me short hours of protection against UVA and UVB. The shade also does not exactly suit my natural skin tone. I think going for a lighter shade might be more compatible to my natural skin tone. 

My rating: 3.5/5

The Mary Kay Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush:
· Removes makeup 85% better than cleansing by hand
· Provides deep cleansing, gentle exfoliation and massaging in one easy step
· Designed for Asian skin, and gentle enough to be used up to twice daily
· Available starting 16th March 2014, retails at $81
Still cleansing by hand? There’s a lot you’re missing. Like makeup, dirt and impurities. Things you can’t see, so you think your skin is clean, but is it? The Mary Kay® Skinvigorate™ Cleansing Brush will make you think differently.

In an independent clinical study, women applied fluorescent makeup to their forehead (to show residue under UV light). Using cleanser, they washed one side by hand and the other side using Mary Kay® Skinvigorate™ Cleansing Brush for the same length of time. Afterward, the women were satisfied they had washed all of the makeup off and saw no color remaining on their forehead. The results below show under ultraviolet light that the Skinvigorate™ Cleansing Brush side is clearly cleaner.

Here's a summary on how this cleansing brush can work for you:

My review:
This cleansing brush is light in weight and easy to use with its two-speed power brush to gently massages my skin and cleanses my skin at the same time. The brush is gentle on my skin and it helps to remove dirt and makeup without causing my skin to feel tight or uncomfortable. Now I can get cleaner skin with just a push of a button switches from a lower speed to higher — reaching over 400 rotations per minute. Both speeds provide gentle massaging yet deep cleansing. The rotating action of this cleansing brush is said to help polish away the look of past skin damage for a more even-looking complexion, and after continuous usage we might see the appearance of lines and wrinkles soften and pores appear smaller. I have not experienced these results yet, and I think maybe prolong usage would be able to give me the results.

My rating: 4/5

Benefits and Claims:
Here’s what women of all ages — from 13 to 70 — said about the Skinvigorate™ Cleansing Brush in an independent consumer study*:
· Maximizes my skin care benefits: 97%
· Transforms dull skin into a radiant complexion: 94%
· Provides a more even-looking skin tone: 96%
· Reveals youthful-looking skin: 93%
· Skin feels softer, smoother and healthier: 95%
*Results reflect the percentage of women who agreed with the statements in a three-week independent consumer study.

Product Attributes:
· Dermatologist-tested
· Tested on and suitable for daily use on Asian skin, even sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
· Clinically tested for skin irritance
· Waterproof (not recommended to submerge in water)
· Battery-powered (2 AA batteries)
· Two brush heads included (it is recommended to replace brush heads every three months)

Directions to use it:

It has been an enjoyable experience for me trying out these products in which some work for me and some can be improved. Nevertheless, if any product interests you and catches your attention, you may call 62266888 or visit www.marykay.com.sg to find out more. Thanks for reading.

Love,
Yvonne
Follow me on Instagram/Twitter: @SimYvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...