Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: Mary Kay True Dimensions™ Lipstick in Sizzling Red

Introducing NEW Mary Kay True Dimensions™ Lipstick, effortlessly blending alluring femininity with the beauty of science. Be spoilt for choice with a range featuring eight eye-catching shades that delivers bright, dynamic colour from every angle.


With a new advanced formula, the Mary Kay True Dimensions™ Lipstick targets the key qualities that give lips their contour and dimension – fullness, plumpness and firmness.


Thoroughly infused with cutting-edge skin care ingredients, the new and improved lipstick carefully smoothes out fine lines for fuller, kissable lips. Lips are completely moisturised in an instant with the inclusion of sunflower seed oil, jojoba and mango butter for fool-proof, all-day comfort.


Key Ingredients:
 Age-Defying Complex (Portuluca Pilosa Plant Extract and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38) – Helps boosts the production of collagen*, hyaluronic acid* and aquaporin 3
*Based on in vitro testing of key ingredients
 Vitamin E - a powerful antioxidant to help protect lips from free radicals and environmental damage
 Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba, Mango Butter - a nourishing blend of ingredients provided by nature which are known for their moisturizing benefits.

Product benefits:

The lipstick comes in a vibrant red colour. The lipstick glides on so smoothly on my lips that I find it a little difficult to control and I find myself being extra careful when applying to the contours of my lips.

Colour under natural light:

Colour under flash light:

The Science Behind the Product: 
 Like a fountain of youth for lips. Contains a complex with two age-defying ingredients — an extract from the portulaca pilosa plant, also known as the “kiss me quick” plant, and palmitoyl tripeptide-38. This complex helps to boosts the production of collagen*, a protein that plays a vital role in supporting the skin’s structure to help give it firmness and volume. It also helps to boosts the production of hyaluronic acid* and aquaporin 3* (AQP3). Hyaluronic acid is important for retaining moisture in skin. AQP3 are proteins that create “channels” to help water travel to where it’s needed most, helping with skin hydration. Retaining moisture in the skin promotes a plumping effect for fuller-looking lips.
*Based on in vitro testing of key ingredients


I love the colour but because my lips are a little thick, I find the red colour on the vibrant side. Maybe I will get use to this colour after a few tries. I love the moisturising feel and the glow appearance of my lips with this lipstick on. Another plus point is that it does not make my lip lines look more prominent nor dries my lips.

Overall rating for this product: 4/5


Retail price: S$30


Thanks for reading.
Love,
Yvonne
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter: @SimYvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...