Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Review: Bio-essence Royal Jelly & ATP Shape V Face Series

A new innovation from Bio-essence, The Royal Jelly & ATP Shape V Face Series.

Information about Royal Jelly & ATP Shape V Face Series:
Bio-essence blended Bio Energy Fluid, Bio Mineral Amino Acid Essence, Royal Jelly, ATP and precious herbal extracts like Ginseng, Aloe Vera and Angelica to enhance cell energy and skin metabolism. The Shape V Face Series provide minerals, trace minerals and herbal nutrients to lift and firm sagging skin to restore a V-shaped facial contour.

Enriched with Royal Jelly & ATP, the Shape V Face Series has double the effects to supply and communicate energy to skin cells like a continuous current, improving micro-circulation effectively to renew and repair skin. It helps to restore the skin's suppleness, radiance and firmness to achieve a youthful V-shaped facial contour.


ATP: ATP helps to supply and communicate energy to skin cells like a continuous current, improving micro-circulation effectively to renew and repair skin.


Royal Jelly: Queen bees feed exclusively on Royal Jelly and it accounts for their incredible longevity. They live 40 times longer than worker bees. This shows the superior anti-aging effects of Royal Jelly.

Royal Jelly contains proteins and 17 types of amino acids (amino acids are sources of protein and protein is the growth factor of skin cells), vitamins (B1,B2,B6,B12), abundant minerals and trace amount of carbohydrates and fats.

Royal Jelly deeply nourishes skin, improves skin's radiance, leaving skin soft, smooth, fair and glowing with a feminine charm. It also has excellent anti-bacterial property which helps to disinfect pimples or even acne skin.

*Mentioned above are the information stated in the Press Kit. I remained skeptical on the efficacy of the products. With that, I shall share my experiences with you.

I tried 3 products from this range.

The first product I am reviewing is the Deep Exfoliating Gel with Royal Jelly & ATP.

Product Efficacies (as mentioned in Press Kit) :
  • Gently & painlessly exfoliates out blackheads and white heads
  • Exfoliates away deep layer of dead skin for better absorption of subsequent skincare products
  • Brightens dull skin, makes dry and rough skin softer and smoother
  • Regulates and balances oil secretion
  • Helps prevent pimples
  • Helps lighten scars and pimple marks
  • Improves skin texture for a refine and fair complexion
  • Makeup glides on easily, lasts longer and looks more natural


Ingredients:

Directions to use (as stated on the product):
Ensure face and hands are dry. Apply an adequate amount on face and rub in circular motion until small flakes of dead skin and dirt appear. Rinse off with water and follow by a cleanser.


The exfoliator comes in a gel type that spreads out easily on the skin and with Carbomer as one of its ingredients, it started forming white balls on the surface of my skin, and with continuous circular motions on my skin, I could see the white balls started turning greyish in colour as it picks up dead skin cells from my skin. After exfoliating, my skin appeared visibly radiant and felt smoother as dead skin cells were removed. Other than these, I did not experience any other efficacies of this product. It does not help to remove any blackheads or whiteheads from my skin as the strength of the exfoliator is rather mild. 


Here, you can see some greyish balls forming on my skin as the Carbomer picks up the dead skin cells from the surface of my skin. I find that it is always important to exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells so as to prevent clogging of the skin and products you applied on a clean skin would be able to be absorbed into the skin much better.


It is highly recommended to cleanse your skin thoroughly with a cleanser after using this exfoliator as you won't want to have a slight gluey feeling on your skin after use.

This product works like any average over the shelf exfoliator you can get, no additional benefits, except that for people with thin or sensitive skin, this exfoliator would be suitable to use on your skin.

My rating: 3.5/5

Retail Price: S$32.90/ 60g


 Next, I am reviewing their Radiant Youth Essence with Royal Jelly & ATP.

Product Efficacies (as mentioned in Press Kit) :
  • Rapidly absorbed into skin to intensively moisturizes and nourishes skin to make skin soft and smooth 
  • Hydrates skin and locks in moisture to prevent dryness and keep skin supple and hydrated 
  • Rich in anti-oxidant property to protect skin against harmful free radicals 
  • Reduces signs of skin aging 
  • Ideal to be applied in cold weather where the air is very dry

Ingredients:

Directions to use (as stated on the product):
Apply twice daily. Massage gently in circular motion. It can also be applied to hands and legs for a fairer and more radiant skin. Note: Upon application, this product appears oily, but within a minute, it will penetrate and gets absorbed by the skin, without leaving any oily feeling.

This Radiant Youth Essence comes in a watery texture that glides easily on the skin. It has a mix texture of oil and silicone, so it feels a little greasy on the skin, and yet feels smooth on the skin at the same time.

As you can see, my skin looks greasy on the initial application of the essence but after about a minute, the greasy shine on my skin reduced and my skin felt smooth. However, in terms of providing moisture for my skin, I did not feel my skin becoming more hydrated so I am unsure about its hydrating property. I also did not experience any anti-aging result after using for a month as lines on my dry skin areas were still very much visible after cleansing of my face. I guess it could be the silicone content in this product that makes the skin looked even out after application but not so much on correcting the problems on my skin.

Nevertheless, this product could be used as a primer for fast evening out of the skin and perhaps with additional skincare properties.

My rating: 2.5/5

Retail Price: S$38.90/ 40ml 


Lastly, here's my review for their Face Lifting Cream with Royal Jelly & ATP.

8 Benefits (as mentioned in Press Kit) :
1. Lifts facial contours
2. Firms sagging skin
3. Reduces double skin
4. Contracts pores & refines skin
5. Reduces appearance of ageing line
6. Deeply nourishes & moisturizes skin
7. Reduces visible fine lines & wrinkles
8. Shapes V face, enhancing feminine charm

Ingredients:

Directions to use (as stated on the product):
After cleansing & toning, apply to your fingertips and gently massage in upward lifting motion. This replaces your daily moisturizer. To achieve a firm V shaped face for a youthful and look, it is recommended to use together with the 3 Treasures of the V Face Series (Deep Exfoliating Gel, Radiant Youth Essence & Face Lifting Cream).

This product comes in a creamy texture due to glycerin added into the product. Spreading out of the product was a breeze.

This is one of the moisturisers that I like using due to its light-weighted cream which is good to use on dry skin and yet, it won't cause clogging on oily skin. The cream got absorbed into my skin quite immediately and it hydrates my skin, minimizing the appearance of my pores and lines slightly. In terms of firming of skin or slimming of face, I have not experienced lasting results, so I am unsure if the added ATP did work or not.

My rating: 3/5

Retail Price: S$49.90/ 40g

Overall, I find all 3 products quite average, almost similar to products available in the market, working its basic functions.

Hope you have found my reviews useful for you. Thanks for reading.

Love, 
 Yvonne 
 Follow me on Twitter/Instagram: @SimYvonne

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne!! Nice meeting you at Madame Patisserie on Saturday! ^^ see you around! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Nice meeting you 2! See you around! ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...