Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Food Review: Simple Italian Restaurant

This 'restaurant' named Simple Italian is located in a Condominium called Aquarius By The Park.

The 'restaurant' is situated at the ground floor of the condominium with only a few small tables and chairs, which is definitely unable to accommodate a large number of people.

And so, we were told to move to a Pavilion by the side of a swimming pool. Quite an interesting encounter that we have to eat our meal by the side of a swimming pool. LOL.

The amount of food we ordered, which were recommended dishes by the Boss himself.

I got myself a cup of coffee as I was having a slight headache and needed my caffeine fix.
  
My coffee arrived and taking a sip made me totally disappointed in the coffee. The coffee was only slightly warm and it tasted exactly like 3-in-1 coffee and too much water was added. The diluted taste was terrible.

For starter, we had Garlic bread (We ordered 2 sets of Garlic bread and each set is S$2). 
There is nothing special about this Garlic bread as it tasted just like ready-made Garlic bread that we can get from the supermarket and toast it ourselves. But I am glad that at least the Garlic bread was crispy enough and not too oily.

My rating: 2.8/5

The next dish was the Peri Peri Chicken Pizza (7 inch for S$8 and 12 inch for S$15).
This pizza was ordered with the request for mild spicy out of the 3 different levels of spiciness the restaurant offers for this pizza. However, when I had my first bite, I could feel the spiciness through my throat and nose. The effect of the spiciness was not like eating chilli which leaves your tongue feeling spicy, the effect is more like eating chilli oil. The pizza was generally quite oily which makes me feel like I am eating unhealthily.
About the good things, the crust of the pizza was thin and good. I love the chicken bits, pineapple dies and generous amount of cheese.

My rating: 3/5

While having the Peri Peri Chicken Pizza, we also had the BBQ Chicken Pizza (7 inch for S$8 and 12 inch for S$15).
This pizza was awesomely good in taste and I love the slight sweetness in the BBQ sauce which made me crave for more of this pizza. Everything was quite similar to Peri Peri Chicken Pizza except that the sauce for BBQ Chicken Pizza was different and it's not spicy. This pizza is also rather oily.

My rating: 3.5/5

The remaining dishes we had were all pastas.

The Tom Yum Chicken linguine (S$7.50).
The linguine itself would have tasted better without the Tom Yum Soup. The Tom Yum flavour was not absorbed in the linguine, so it is like the Tom Yum and chicken linguine of this dish were separated. The Tom Yum flavour was also too bland and I could only taste the sourness of it.

My rating: 1.5/5

The Carbornara Pasta (S$7.50).
For the first mouth, the pasta tasted rather creamy and cheesy and I thought this dish was not bad, however, subsequent mouth was a turned off by how concentrated the carbonara sauce was and it leaves a starchy feel in my mouth. This dish was too oily as well. There are much more that they need to improve on for this dish.

My rating: 1.5/5

The Beef Lasagna (S$8).
This Beef Lasagna was rather good. Even though this is not the best Beef Lasagna I have tasted, but this dish was still able to make me take quite a few mouths of it. I enjoy the mixture of beef, cheese and cream between the layers of pasta but I just hope that they can be generous with the portion of beef in this dish to make this dish taste better.

My rating: 3/5

The Aglio Olio (S$6.50).
This dish is really not recommended. The pasta was dry, yet the plate was oily and it tasted so bland that one mouth of it was enough for most of us. I believe they can do better and maybe it was just coincidentally a not well prepared dish when we had it.

My rating: 1/5 

The last dish was the Gnocchi Potato Pasta. This dish was not in the menu, the chef prepared it specially for us to try.
The sauce tasted a little like creamy laksa which I find it is an amusing new flavour. The Gnocchi Potato was disappointing as it tasted more of dough than potato.

My rating: 1/5

If you ever go to Simple Italian Restaurant, I will advise you to go for pizzas only and request for less oil added to the pizzas. I believe you will enjoy your dishes more this way.
Love,
Yvonne
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram: @SimYvonne

1 comment:

  1. The Gnocchi Potato is my favorite. You have shared a really nice pictures of food in your blog. I appreciate your blog.

    I also want to share with you a new CioccolatItaliani Restaurant aka Italian Restaurants in Dubai. The Italian food in CioccolatItaliani Restaurant is really delicious. Must try..!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...