Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

Garnier Sakura White Blogger Event and Products Reviews

The beautiful season of Spring only comes around once a year but Garnier brings you Spring all year round with the new Garnier Sakura White. This skincare range claims to allow its users to experience the blossoming of rosy, fair skin that radiates from within, all year long, as though Spring is blooming on your cheeks with Garnier Sakura White.
This blogger event was held at Group Therapy, 49 Duxton Road #02-01.

It's my first time at Group Therapy. The ambience of the place is really cosy, peaceful and comfortable. It gives people a homely feel.

Back on Garnier Sakura White skincare, Garnier Sakura White is infused with the extract of Sakura, a delicate flower from Japan that blossom for only 7-14 days a year. For this new range, Garnier has carefully selected the Sakura Extract strictly from Shikoku & Okayama in Japan, where the warm weather and fertile soil provide the best conditions for Sakura blossoming. The rare nature of the Sakura makes it a potent ingredient that is the secret to pinkish radiant skin that reflects youth and liveliness!

We were introduced more about Garnier Sakura White from Garnier's representative.
Garnier Sakura White Range has been proven to work on 5 dimensions: Fair, Even, Transparent, Soft, Rosy to reach ideal skin.

Known to contain anti-oxidant molecules, the Sakura extract is rich in whitening actives that are clinically proven to significantly inhibit melanin production, reduce roughness and soothe the skin with its anti-inflammatory actions. Garnier Sakura White is also enriched with Vitamin B3 & Vitamin CG to deeply nourish as it brightens. The range has been dermatologically tested and is suitable even for sensitive skin.

Garnier Sakura White promises that in just one month, you can see the difference in your skin as the products work its magic on your skin through these 5 skin dimensions:

1. FAIRNESS: The Sakura extracts are known to inhibit melanin and brighten skin tone. In 4 weeks, expect to see fairer, more luminous skin.

2. EVENNESS: To combat uneven skin tone, the Sakura extracts helps to unifies uneven skin complexion and skin irregularities to achieve even skin tone.

3. TRANSPARENCY: Sakura extracts promotes transparency and deeply hydrates the skin, helping to boost moisture levels and keeping skin moisturised all day long.

4. SOFTNESS: Feel the difference in your skin texture as the Sakura Extracts refine your pores for silky smooth skin.

5. ROSINESS: Less yellow, less brown and more pink! Watch as your skin illuminates that healthy, rosy glow.


The first product to use in this skincare range is the Sakura White Pinkish Radiance Gentle Cleansing Foam ($5.90)
Product info:
The secret to clear skin lies in the thorough removal of dirt and impurities that accumulates on the skin throughout the day. The Sakura White Foam creates a light foam on the skin that penetrates deep within the pores to remove all dirt and impurities, while the gentle formulation leaves skin refreshed and hydrated, revealing a pinkish radiant complexion after each wash.

My thoughts:
I have tried this cleanser personally and love how well it cleanses my skin thoroughly of all dirt and grease with the foam, yet not causing any dryness or tightening of my skin. Do note that this cleanser does not cleanse off makeup, a makeup remover is still preferable. This cleanser makes my skin feels so smooth in texture and radiant in appearance after use. Furthermore, its floral scent makes me addicted to using this cleanser daily. For a price of S$5.90, I will most likely repurchase after I finished this tube.

Next product to use is thSakura White Pinkish Radiance Softening Lotion ($17.90).
Product info:
Enriched with Sakura Extract, it effectively brightens skin from its source, boost skin rosiness and transparency. The watery translucent texture is light and easily absorbed. After application, it creates a completely clean and smooth surface that preps the skin for maximum absorbency of moisture.

My thoughts:
Although this lotion comes in a watery gel-like texture but it does not slide off my skin easily when I placed my hand vertically. This means that this lotion is able to hold on to the moisture in the skin to keep our skin hydrated. I apply this lotion directly onto my skin without the use of any cotton pad so that I can massage the lotion into my skin. The amazing thing is that this lotion absorbs almost instantly into my skin without leaving any residue or uncomfortable feeling on my skin, however, the downside is that when the lotion is applied to the skin in excess, a very slight stickiness can be felt on my skin. From my experience, there is no need to apply a lot of the lotion onto the skin, add on only when you think your skin needs more hydration. My skin feels slightly smoother and appears fairer after applying the lotion to my skin.

The last product to use on a daily basis is the Sakura White Pinkish Radiance Moisturizing Cream ($19.90).
Product info:
The Sakura White Day Cream is a delicate cream that glides effortlessly onto the skin and is absorbed in a wink. The blend of Sakura Extracts, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin CG nourishes the skin deeply and helps lighten skin tone and dark spots, refine skin texture, and reduce the appearance of pores. It leaves absolutely no feeling of heaviness and its delicate Sakura scent further engages your senses. Instantly, skin is moisturized, plumped and smooth. In just 4 weeks, skin is 60 per cent more pinkish and radiant. An additional SPF 21/PA+++ is added for sun protection.

My thoughts:
The product comes in a soft pink colour and although this is a cream, it feels light-weighted on my skin and not greasy at all. The cream glides easily on my skin and in less than a minute, the cream got absorbed into my skin. The cream gives my skin a matte feeling while it works to lock in the skin's moisture. After application, it does makes my skin appear fairer but I think this is most likely due to the colour of this cream because I have not observed any change to my skin's tone yet, perhaps a longer period of use is needed. Hopefully I get a more pinkish skin tone after a month's usage.

In this skin care range, there is also the Sakura White Pinkish Radiance High Concentrated Mask ($21.90/box of 4).
Product info:
The Sakura White Sheet Mask is the ultimate treat for your skin. Recommended to be used two to three times a week, the Sakura White Sheet Mask is drenched in Sakura Extract, Vitamin CG and Vitamin B3 that is deeply absorbed by the skin, maximizing their rich hydrating properties, revealing rosy, fair skin from within. This mask is specially customized to wrap your face like a second skin, providing comfort and the relaxing sensation of a professional care. It is capable of absorbing 10X its own weight which allows Sakura Essence to infuse deeply into your skin to moisturize from inside out.

My thoughts:
The mask comes well-soaked with the essence and the mask sheet feels thin and light on my skin. I love the cooling sensation while having the mask on, and I like the floral scent while masking. The mask clings on firmly to my skin and does not shift an inch even while I walk around in my house. The mask is also not dripping wet, and does not cause any messy situation while masking.
After removing the mask, I could observe that my skin appeared fairer and definitely much hydrated. Although my pores were still visible after using the mask but at least they appeared smaller in size. It is highly recommended to use the mask 2 to 3 times a week so that the condition of the skin and hydration level of the skin can be improved or maintained after using the facial mask.

During the event, we were also given the opportunity to personalise our own scrapbook. I have not done scrapbooking before, so I try my best while having my hands on it. It was indeed an enjoyable experience getting my scrapbook done.

Before:

After:

Awesome food provided at the event too! I love the Teriyaki Chicken and macarons from Group Therapy. The rest of the food tasted good too but they did not make me crave for more.
The interesting thing is that the Konnyaku has a flower in it, however, to me, it feels weird to chew on flowers.

I have come to the end of my post, do check out Garnier Sakura White retailing at all Watsons, Guardian and major supermarkets from June 2013 onwards.

Enjoy using your Garnier Sakura White and be on your journey to fairer, radiant, glowy skin!
Love,
Yvonne

29 comments:

  1. Hey, can the Sakura White Pinkish Radiance Moisturizing Cream be used as a night moisturizing cream before bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, it is not recommended for night use as it contains SPF.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Yvonne! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Products of Garnier Sakura White I can't find in Malaysia Sasa shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yiing,

      I am not sure if the Sasa shop in Malaysia has this range or not. Maybe you want to try Guardians or Watsons?

      However, if you are coming to Singapore to purchase, you can get this range from all Watsons, Guardians and major supermarkets.

      Love,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  4. The softening lotion is use during morning or night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, the lotion can be used on both day and night.

      Cheers,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  5. What's price in ringgit Malaysia? One by one please..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I'm not sure about the price in Malaysia but I have included the Singapore selling price for each product in my post. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  6. Can it be used on young teens around 16 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, I suppose it is alright since this range works mainly to hydrate the skin with additional whitening effect.

      Delete
  7. Can this product used by teenagers around 13 and 14?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, can this product be used by teenagers around 13, 14 and 15?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, can this product be used by teens around 13 and above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melly Melody,

      Yes, it is basic skincare and suitable for teenagers and young adults.

      Cheers,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  10. Hi yvonne!!.does the lotion act as a toner??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yvonne! Can the lotion be used as a toner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serene, I find the lotion works like a skin softener to soften any layer of dead skin so that the following moisturizing cream applied can be absorbed better into the skin. The watery texture of the lotion also helps to hydrate the skin at the same time.

      Delete
  12. Hi Yvonne! Can the Softening Lotion keep in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yvonne! Can the Sakura White Pinkish Radiance Softening Lotion keep in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, yes the softening lotion can be kept chilled.

      Cheers,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  14. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more
    or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Here is my website ... Order Flawless Beauty -
    karinsbloggiblogg.blogspot.se,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great info. Lucky me I ran across your blog by
    chance (stumbleupon). I have book marked it for later!


    My website; Bleu Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi mates, its fantastic post about educationand fully explained, keep it
    up all the time.

    Also visit my web blog :: best face wrinkle cream

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ӏtѕ likе you reаd my mind!You seem to
    know a lot about this, like yoս wrote the book іn it or something.
    I tɦink that you could do with a few ƿicѕ to ddivе the mssaցe home a little bit,
    but οther than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read.
    I will definitely be back.

    My web page tava tea affiliayes - -

    ReplyDelete
  18. will it help with clearing pimple scars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siti Nazirah,

      What kind of pimple scars are you referring to? If you are referring to pigmentation, it helps to lighten and even out unevenness in skin tone.

      Cheers,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  19. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...