Translate

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: New Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

Every woman knows the importance of using a good sunscreen to protect skin from harmful UV damage but the heavy, sticky and greasy feeling that regular sunscreens leave behind can be a put-off.

With the new UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence by Biore, the No. 1 Sunscreen brand in Japan since 2011. Won multiple awards in Asia and some of them are:
- Japan COSME in 2011
- Top Beauty Magazine in Japan VOCE’s Top Pick
- Biteki Skincare Award

The unique water-rich sunscreen gives you high UV protection in a refreshingly light sheath of hydration. So comfortable and cool, it feels like water on skin!

Product Features (As written in press kit)
• Provides long-lasting high UV protection against harmful UV rays
• Essence texture turns into a watery-light consistency for easy application
• Spreads easily and is instantly absorbed into skin for an invisible, weightless finish
• Leaves skin feeling refreshingly smooth and comfortably cool
• Enriched with Hyaluronic Acid and Citrus extract1 to hydrate and soften skin
• Gentle on skin and allergy-tested
• Mild fresh, fruity fragrance
• Suitable for face and body

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence comes in a tube, which we can easily dispense the product by simply squeezing the tube. The opening is of suitable size which allows optimal amount of the product to be dispensed.

My thoughts:
Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence comes in a white cream form and a refreshing lemonade scent was released as the product was dispensed onto my skin. 

There were tiny white particles observed while spreading out the cream. The white particles are the Aqua Micro Capsules which contain UV block ingredients that provide high SPF protection. Once applied on skin, the Aqua Micro Capsules release the UV block ingredients and moisture, which gives off a light, cool sensation on skin. This unique technology also turns the essence texture of Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence into a water-smooth consistency, enabling quicker and more effective absorption into skin. The Aqua Micro Capsules dissolved almost instantly with continuous spreading out of the product.


After spreading out, Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence immediately turned into water-like texture. This water-based formula, enriched with moisturising ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid and Citrus extract, hydrates and softens skin to keep it refreshingly smooth. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is gentle on skin and allergy-tested, making it suitable for all skin types.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence felt light-weighted on my skin and got absorbed almost instantly, resulting in a hydrated, smooth feeling skin after that. No greasy or sticky feeling was felt on my skin and it also did not leave a white overcast on my skin.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has multi-function as it works as a sun protectant and a makeup base. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence helped to smoothen the skin surface and allowed my powder foundation to sit perfectly on my skin. As a sun protectant, it's high SPF50PA+++ definitely helped to protect my skin against the blazing sun's rays which will ultimately help to slow down the signs of aging on our skin.

Stated above are all my good reviews about Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, however, there are some downsides of this product too. When using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, it manages to keep my skin feeling mattify and sebum-free for about 6 hours, but after that, my face felt very much oilier as compared to when I am not using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, and I find myself having to blot off excess sebum on my face. Hence, it resulted in some clogs and minor breakouts on my skin.

Hence, when I am using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence now, I try to keep it on within 6 hours when I have my makeup applied, or I will not apply makeup when I know that I have to let Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence stay on my face for more than 6 hours, so that I can reapply the product again when needed and keep my skin matt.

My ratings: 3/5 

Retails: S$18.90/50g

Available in all leading Pharmacies and selected supermarkets and hypermarkets.

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...