Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Shopping at City Square Mall !

With the Lunar New Year nearing, it's time for us to get new clothes so that we get good luck for a whole new year, and also to get ourselves prettily dressed for house visiting and celebrations. Thinking about the things I need to get myself prepared for the Lunar New Year, I headed down to City Square Mall to do my shopping!

City Square Mall has had been well decorated to welcome the Lunar New Year! 

My first stop was to The Body Shop since they have an outlet at City Square Mall. I've always been a fan of The Body Shop items because their products are mostly made with natural ingredients and their products have fabulous scents to get me attracted to them. 

Their Valentine's day collections were already prepared!
I bought some of their body butters and hand cream, and with a City Square Mall voucher, I got myself a Vitamin E face mist that helps to set my makeup. I am in need of a face mist to set my makeup since there will be a lot of travelling for house visiting and I won't want my makeup to melt or wears off, so the spray will help to make my makeup lasts longer and also keeps my skin hydrated. There was a 20% discount at The Body Shop that day, so the Vitamin E face mist costs S$16.70 after discount.

Next, I saw The Skin Pharmacy which was just a stone throw away from The Body Shop. The whole layout of The Skin Pharmacy was rather simple but their colourful bottles attracted me to step foot into the store.
The Skin Pharmacy sells products made with natural ingredients. Their products are not totally natural but they will tell you through the number of leaves indicated on the products. If the ingredients in the product are mostly natural, you'll see 3 leaves on the bottle. The number of leaves ranges from 1 (least natural ingredients) to 3 (mostly natural ingredients).

The Skin Pharmacy offers customisation of the products to suit the needs of the customer, so you can just tell them your conditions or opt for their skin analysis and they will do the mixing for you. They have a laboratory to customise products for you. There is also a facial room at The Skin Pharmacy.

The Skin Pharmacy even allows customers to try their products before purchasing.

I tried a few of their products that day and I love their brightening serum, which was so light-weighted and watery in texture that it got absorbed almost instantly into my skin and my skin felt quite smooth after that. I was told that I need to use the serum twice a day for 2 weeks minimum to observe brightening result on my skin.

They are the owners of The Skin Pharmacy, and they are working to open up more branches in Singapore.

Next, I went around shopping for clothes. There are quite a number of outlets selling beautiful clothes. Most of the dresses  at City Square Mall were priced at S$30 and above.

But if you have budget constrains, you can check out Peniwern which sells clothes at affordable prices. Most of their clothes were imported from Thailand, Hong Kong and China.

A printed snake skin dress caught my attention. With the year of Snake coming soon this Lunar New Year, it's really fun to go house visiting in snake print outfits. This dress costed me S$20 (item paid with my own money).

Next, I stepped into a store called Sumthing Difrent.

I tried on this dress and got so in love with it. Love the colours, the design, the material and the length. Everything makes my mind call out "Buy it!" Paid S$39.90 for this dress using City Square Mall vouchers.

Just beside Sumthing Difrent was Metro and the bright colour clothings caught my attention. I stepped in, walked a round and saw a coral coloured dress with lace overlay. I immediately took it and headed for the changing room to try it!

The changing room in Metro has this! So cute!

I can also change the lighting of the changing room from Day light to Night light.

Here's the dress that I took which costed me S$35.90 (paid with my own money)
Day light
Night light

Now it's time to shop for shoes! Was walking around and saw that DAISO is opening in February! The size of the outlet looks rather huge. I think it is comparable to the DAISO outlet at IMM Mall.

I bought a pair of shoe from Zass.

Bought this pair of shoe for S$23.90 (paid with City Square Mall vouchers).
I love the cut out details on the shoe and the most important part is that it is very comfortable and it does not bite.

Next, I bought a second pair of shoe at Charles and Keith which costs S$28.10 after discount (partially paid with City Square Mall vouchers).

That day, I managed to catch baby lions dancing to the song Gangnam Style.  

Details of things to expect for Lunar New Year at City Square Mall:
City Square Mall, owned and managed by City Developments Limited (CDL), will usher in the Lunar New Year with a celebration of enthralling martial arts performances, a fair on festive goodies and decoration items, as well as other exciting activities to mark the start to a Prosperous Year of the Snake. The mall will also stay open throughout Chinese New Year for visitors to enjoy their holiday shopping.

At the mall, the legend of the Snake will be brought to life through an entertaining show. The “Legend of the Kungfu Snake Show”, boasting a cast of Chinese Martial artists and B-Boy dancers, will feature an innovative fusion of Chinese Wushu and stunning B-Boy dance moves that will entertain everyone in the family. From 25th January – 8th February, shoppers can also enjoy delectable deals and stock up on their Chinese New Year goodies at the “Treats of the Orient Fair” while savouring seasonal treats.

Details of Chinese New Year performances, activities and promotions at City Square Mall:

1. Prosperous Paper Cutting Contest
Date: 19 Jan – 17 Feb
Are you creative and have nifty hands? Submit your original paper handicrafts (max. A4-sized)* in line with the theme of Chinese New Year at the L2 Customer Service Counter and stand a chance to be one of 8 winners to walk away with a $100 City Square Mall voucher! In the spirit of going green, the handicrafts have to be fashioned out of recycled paper.

2. Legend of the Kungfu Snake Show
Date: 19 – 20 Jan, 26 – 27 Jan, 2 – 3 Feb
Time: 3pm & 7pm
Venue: L1 Atrium
Catch a dazzling showcase of Chinese Wushu and stunning B-Boy dance moves in this live show, which will entertain your whole family this festive New Year.

3. Roving Baby Lions
Date: 19 – 20 Jan, 26 – 27 Jan, 2 – 3 Feb
Time: 4pm & 8pm
Catch the adorable baby lions roving around City Square Mall as they spread the Lunar New Year cheer. You might even be lucky enough to catch them when they break into a modern dance routine.

4. Treats of the Orient Fair
Date: 25 Jan – 8 Feb
Time: 11am – 9pm
Venue: L1 Atrium
Enjoy great offers and savour all the delectable treats that the Lunar New Year brings at our fair and stock up on the necessary goodies!

During this period, shoppers can redeem an exclusive mandarin orange eco-carrier and qualify for a lucky spin chance to win a $5 Metro voucher or a pair of GV movie vouchers with a minimum spending of $200* ($250* if inclusive of NTUC FairPrice receipts). UOB debit/credit cardholders need only spend $180*^ ($230*^ if inclusive of NTUC FairPrice receipts).

For more details on the activities and promotions, visit www.citysquaremall.com.sg or check out City Square Mall’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/citysquaremall.

Happy Lunar New Year!
Love,
Yvonne

*Sponsored advertorial, unless stated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...