Translate

Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: PURE Paw Paw Papaya Ointment

Hmmm... What is in this lovely orange package??? Let's not keep the suspense and open it up!
Revealing.....
It is PURE Paw Paw Papaya Ointment! 
Papaya???? Ointment???? What???? 

I had a lot of question marks in my head when I first saw this product, and my biggest question was how is this thing supposed to be used and how it works?
PURE Papaya Ointment is a 100% natural, petrochemical-free multi-tasking skin care essential from Australia. The active ingredients include Papaya, soothing Calendula, shea butter, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, styrax benzoin resin, silica, beeswax and vitamin E.

This product here works to soothe, moisturise and protect your skin. It is said to be able to be used as a moisturizing lip balm, for soothing insect bites, minor burns, sunburn, dry irritated skin conditions including dermatitis, nappy rash, cracked nipples, the aftercare of tattoos and tattoo removal, and much more. 

WOW!!! Sounds like an ultimate multipurpose skin care product!!!

Let's check out this product and let me share my thoughts about this Papaya Ointment.
There is a seal that safely ensures the freshness and hygiene of the product, and after peeling off the seal, a yellow colour product greeted me. I was expecting to see the product in orange colour because when I think of Papaya, orange colour comes into my mind. Lol.

The product looks like pretty creamy in appearance but it melts like butter upon in contact with the heat from my hand. As you can see in the second photo below, the product looks more watery after placing it for a few seconds on my hand. 

I started spreading the product on my hand and I realised that it gets more watery. The watery appearance does not comes from water but it's actually due to oil because of jojoba oil and macadamia oil in this product.

It felt greasy on my skin initially as too much of the product was applied to the skin. After continuous spreading and massage on my hand, I noticed that the oil got absorbed into my skin gradually. However, my skin still felt a little greasy for my liking.

My thoughts:
  • I've tried this product on my dry skin before and I am amazed by how well and fast it makes my cracked skin heal up. I like to apply it to my dry cuticles too, however, I find it a little difficult to control the amount of the product squeezed out from the tube and sometimes when too much of the product is dispensed, it makes my fingers feel oily too when I'm just trying to apply it to my cuticles. 
  • I've tried it on mosquito bites too and although it didn't stop the itchiness immediately, I could still see that the mosquito bites were less red and swollen after leaving PURE Paw Paw Papaya Ointment on the bites for some time.
  • I've tried it on my dry legs as well and I like how well it is able to moisturize my dry skin. However, the greasiness on my legs were unbearable for me, and made me feel really uncomfortable.

Overall, I find this a fantastic multipurpose product and I am amazed that I could use it for so many purposes and apply it to various different areas according to my needs but the only thing that I did not like about this product is its greasiness. If only this product is not so greasy, I would happily add it into my Holy Grail products.

Nevertheless, if you would like to give this multipurpose PURE Paw Paw Papaya Ointment a try, you may purchase it at BHG, Guardian, Watsons and Health food stores.

The price is S$14.90 for 25 g and S$29.90 for 100g.

Love,
Yvonne

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...