Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: Sophie Monk's Strawberry Bye Bye Blackhead Set

Some time back, Nicole, PR for Sophie Monk invited me to give Sophie Monk's Strawberry Bye Bye Blackhead set and Sophie Monk's Double Lifting Masks a try. Being a lover for anything that removes blackheads and facial masks that gives lifting effect, I agreed to try them out. 

In this post, I will be sharing about the Strawberry Bye Bye Blackhead set which is a 3-step process that softens the skin, removes blackheads and whiteheads, as well as tightens pores. This sweet-smelling strawberry blackhead mask absorbs deep into pores to clean out oil and dirt, removing blackheads and dead skin cells instantly!
There is Makiyo's autograph! OMG!!!!! I'm going to keep this box for eternity!

With Sophie Monk's Strawberry Bye Bye Blackhead Set, blackheads and whiteheads can be removed in 3 easy steps. 
Bye bye blackheads and whiteheads, because you are not welcome on my face!

This set comes with 3 products, a Deep Sebum Softener, a Sebum Purifying Mask, and a Pore Treatment Essence.

Here are the Deep Sebum Softener and Pore Treatment Essence:
Both of them come in containers that are exactly the same, so be careful and don't use the wrong products. :)
This container is tight sealed and you have to cut off the tip before you can get the product out.

The Sebum Purifying Mask:
This tube has a huge opening, so be really careful when you squeeze the tube otherwise you will get too much of the mask spilling onto your hand.  

Here are the products (in clockwise direction): 
Deep Sebum Softener, Sebum Purifying Mask, and Pore Treatment Essence.
Both Deep Sebum Softener and Pore Treatment Essence comes in colourless liquid form, however, their texture are different. After applying Deep Sebum Softener on the skin, you can feel a slight sticky feeling and you've got to massage your face for 2-3 minutes then rinse off. This Deep Sebum Softener penetrates into your skin while you do the massage and the slight sticky texture I suppose helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. For the Pore Treatment Essence, it feels watery and lightweight, and it gets absorbed into the skin pretty faster without leaving any heavy feeling on the skin.

If you look at the Sebum Purifying Mask closely, you will notice lots of tiny red particles in the mask. These red particles look pretty interesting but I'm not sure what they are and I can't tell what they are too. The mask comes in a gluey texture.

Applying a layer of the Sebum Purifying Mask on my whole face and waiting for the mask to dry up.
It can take quite long for the mask to dry up, depending on the thickness of the mask you applied. If you apply a thin layer (the mask on my forehead for example) it takes about 5-10 minutes to dry. If it's slightly thicker, it takes about 15-20 minutes and if you apply a thick layer (the mask on my nose and cheeks for example) it takes about 30-40 minutes for the mask to dry up totally. I've applied the mask to my whole face to remove all the unwanted blackheads and whiteheads as well as those tiny facial hairs on my skin. But of course, you can just decide on use the mask on your T-zone and cheeks where blackheads and whiteheads frequently surface. 

After the mask dries up, it is time to peel the mask and uproot all the blackheads and whiteheads! *Evil grin*
Did you see those huge blackheads? 
It feels really good to see those yucky stuffs getting uprooted and gone from my skin. 
Goodbye blackheads and whiteheads!
The mask also peels out those micro hairs on my face.

After using the mask, we must never forget to close our pores. Hence, we need to use the Pore Treatment Essence which works wonders in closing up pores. I apply a generous amount of the Pore Treatment Essence on my face. My whole skin feels so smooth and even after those blackheads and whiteheads were removed and the pores were closed.

I love this Strawberry Bye Bye Blackhead Set for its effectiveness and the strawberry bubblegum scent! 
I will definitely purchase this set again! 

My rating: 4.5/5
Available at local Guardian Outlets

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Yvonne
   


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Sophie Monk, Singapore. The item was sent to me. Review published here is based on my own experiences and opinions. I am not getting paid for sharing this review.

4 comments:

  1. how much is this?

    i couldn't find it in the guardian near my home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, if I never remember wrongly, this set costs S$25.90. I think this set can be found at Guardian stores located at central areas. Hope this helps :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think the product worth the money?
    Is the result obvious? And does it makes your skin go red after using it?
    Cuz I know some do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This product is pretty good I would say as it helps to uproot the blackheads and whiteheads. Although it isn't very strong such that it will uproot ALL the blackheads and whiteheads but it is generally a very good product and not harsh on the skin.

      No, it didn't cause my skin to turn red.

      Hope this helps. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...