Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Review: CLEAR Shampoos With Nutrium 10 ( Anti Hair-Fall and Menthol)

Unilever launched a breakthrough technology in scalp care -­ Nutrium10.

About CLEAR:
Clear is Unilever’s leading anti-­dandruff shampoo brand. Recognising the different needs of male and female scalps, Clear scientists have developed the first-ever breakthrough dual gender scalp nourishment formula. With a constant focus on leading edge technology, Clear is pegged as the world’s leading scalp care shampoo and marks its strong foothold in 35 markets.


The Sample Store sent me 4 products of Clear shampoos on behalf of Unilever for my reviewing purposes. I've received the 80ml size, great to bring for a holiday! 

2 types of shampoos for men, the Anti Hair-Fall and Cool Sport Menthol.
Produuct info: 
Pro-Nutrium 10 for men helps to remove dead skin cells on the scalp's surface, restores scalp nourishment and boosts scalp's natural defences against dandruff and itch. 

 2 types of shampoos for ladies, the Anti Hair-Fall and Ice Cool Menthol.
Product info: 
Nutrium 10 for women offers a vitamins and minerals infused moisturisation wash to boost stronger hair growth. This enrichment of the scalp gives women the total three scalp effects she desires–no dandruff, no dryness, and no itch.

I will be reviewing for the ladies shampoos 
and Dad will be sharing his reviews for the men shampoos.

First up, the ladies Clear Anti Hair-Fall Shampoo.
$9.40 for 350ml, $14.30 for 700ml

Description:
With Hair Lock Technology. For weakened scalp and hair. Strengthens from the root to tip and increases hair’s defense against hairfall* and breakage.
*Due to breakage, vs. non-conditioning shampoo

My thoughts: Love the floral scent with slight note of sweetness the moment I flip open the cap and took a deep sniff. I use roughly about a 50 cents coin size amount of shampoo for my over-the-shoulder hair length and I find that this shampoo lathers rather well. The amount of shampoo I used was sufficient to cover every ends of my hair. While shampooing, I didn't feel any difference on my scalp. Everything was working fine, just like any normal shampoo, but trouble comes when I comb my hair. I think this shampoo works rather harsh for my hair as I experience more hair tangles and more hair fall when I comb my hair. My hair also felt drier and frizzier than before. But on the other hand, I do notice that I have lesser dandruff problem after using this shampoo. So whether this shampoo is a yay or nay? It is really difficult for me to decide.

Next up, the ladies Clear Ice Cool Menthol Shampoo.
$9.40 for 350ml, $14.30 for 700ml

Description:
With cooling menthol. For all scalp and hair types. Refreshes and revives scalp and hair with an invigorating burst of menthol freshness.

My thoughts: Out of the 4 shampoos that I've received, this is the only shampoo that comes in minty green colour. When I first took a sniff of the shampoo from the bottle, I find that the scent is quite close the Sakura scent from Ichikami Shampoo. Only when shampooing then I smell a very faint minty peppermint scent. While shampooing, I didn't experience any cooling sensation on my scalp but while rinsing off the shampoo, I could feel a slight coolness on my scalp as the water runs through. The Sakura with slight minty scent lasted on my hair for many hours and I love the scent a lot! My hair didn't feel as dry as compared to using Clear Anti Hair-Fall Shampoo but I still face more hair fall when combing my hair.

Now, it's time for Dad to share his thoughts about the men shampoos!
(I will be typing out Dad's thoughts but I'll make it as close to what he told me.)

 First up, the men Clear Anti Hair-Fall Shampoo.
$10.30 for 350ml, $15.70 for 700ml


Description:
With Pro-strength Ginseng Technology. For weakened hair fiber. Strengthen your hair and defend against hair loss.

Dad's thoughts: It has a masculine kind of scent that most men would like and he finds the scent very refreshing. Dad said he uses about a 20 cents coin size amount of shampoo for each use and the shampoo lathers up very well. (For general info, my Dad has short, thick hair, no signs balding at all.) My Dad has oily scalp but he finds that this shampoo works very well in cleansing his scalp. He didn't face those problems (drier hair, more hair tangles, more hair fall) that I encountered after using the shampoo. He said that this shampoo works very well for him and he likes this shampoo very much.

The last product is the men Clear Cool Sport Menthol.
$10.30 for 350ml, $15.70 for 700ml


Description:
With active menthol. For all scalp and hair types. Ultimate Anti-dandruff refreshment.

Dad's thoughts: Same masculine kind of scent but with a faint menthol scent. No cooling sensation felt on the scalp while shampooing but felt a slight coolness on his scalp while rinsing off the shampoo. Dad thinks that this shampoo works quite similar to Clear Anti Hair-Fall Shampoo and he likes this shampoo too.

Looks like these shampoos worked better on my Dad than me. But anyway, we have different scalp and hair conditions to begin with, so I guess that's why our results were so different.

Anyways, if you would like to try out these shampoos and see if they work for your hair and scalp, you can redeem free samples (80ml each ) of the 7 different types of new CLEAR Shampoo with Nutrium10 through www.thesamplestore.sg.
You get to try:
Female Clear Smooth & Manageable
Female Clear Complete Soft Care 2 in1
Female Clear Dry Scalp & Itch Control
Female Clear Anti Hair-Fall
Female Clear Ice Cool Menthol
Male Clear Cool Sports Menthol
Male Clear Anti Hair-Fall

PLUS, there is a BEST Review Contest!
Submit your individual shampoo review at www.thesamplestore.sg for any of the 7 types of shampoo listed above and 3 best reviews will walk away with a CLEAR product hamper worth $50.
Contest ends on 31st December 2011.
Winners will be announced on thesamplestore.sg Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesamplestore.sg


Thanks for reading and I wish you luck if you're going to participate in the contest.
Love,
Yvonne
◕ ‿ ◕


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Unilever and The Sample Store, Singapore. Reviews published here are based on Dad's and mine personal experiences and opinions. I am not getting paid for sharing our reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.
    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short
    article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving
    comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!
    Also see my web site - get rid of dandruff

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing from Turkey...thank u ;)

    ReplyDelete