Translate

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Immersed in Thai Delicacies @ Ah Loy Thai

Anyone love Thai food here? Yes? Then this post is definitely for you!

Thank you Elfaine from The Sample Store for inviting us to this food tasting event. ^_^ It was like a X'mas lunch gathering cum meeting blogger friends and new friends. 
 

I like the ambience and decoration at Ah Loy Thai. The lighting also gives people a warm, comfy feel.

I'm going to share some of the must-try dishes at Ah Loy Thai which I highly recommend! I am sure going back to have these dishes again!
Thai Green Curry   $6.50 
This curry has a heavy coconut taste with slight spiciness. I know, this dish isn't calories friendly but this dish is really so good and aromatic that I don't mind indulging in it once in a while. The ingredients inside are lean chicken meat and fishballs. I love the tenderness of the chicken meat!

Pineapple Fried Rice   $5.90
This fried rice isn't oily and not too dry in texture, it is fried just nice. In every mouth of this fried rice, I could taste egg, sweet raisins and pineapple cubes which added a little sweetness to this dish. There's generous amount of egg in this dish and their prawns tasted very fresh too. The pieces of cucumber at the side tasted crunchy and sweet.

Thai Mango Crispy Chicken   $7.50
I love the mango! OMG, it tasted so sweet and it reminded me of the juicy mangoes I ate in Taiwan. The flavouring also made the chicken tasted so nice, nearly similar to those chicken pops selling at KFC.

Fried Butter Calamari   $7.50
Valerie and Jermaine love this dish too, simply because every piece of Calamari tasted so buttery, so fresh and it melts in the mouth. Highly recommended must try! However, this dish is not for people who are on diet because it is high in calories due to the large amount of butter they used to prepare this dish.

Thai Lemon Steam Fish   $13.50
If you love steam fish, you would love this too! I love the fish for it is well steamed and it tasted so fresh and sweet. The flavour kind of burst in the mouth and it makes me going on for more.

Thai Pandan Chicken   $9.00
The chicken in this dish tasted like Chicken satay yet having a slight pandan fragrance. The huge portion of chicken gives a satisfactory feeling while savouring it. The chicken meat tasted soft and tender, not dry at all. But the only downside is that it's a little too oily inside.

Lastly, a drink that I really love at Ah Loy Thai.
Trad. Thai "Milk" Red Tea   $2.00
You will never regret trying this drink. It's so cooling and it quenches your thirst. If you can't take spicy food, this drink helps to soothe your burning tongue and throat too!

Ah Loy Thai
100 Beach Road, #01-39/40
Shaw Towers
Singapore 189702
Tel: (65) 9165 1543 / (65) 9329 7599


Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!
Love,
Yvonne


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Ah Loy Thai and The Sample Store, Singapore. I am not getting paid for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...