Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Review: Spaghetti and Risotto @ Creation Cafe

Hi everyone! Today, I will be sharing reviews about the dishes I've tried at Creation Cafe. The dishes shown in this post are Chef's recommendation at Creation Cafe. Please get yourself prepared before you continue as photos of the food will make you feel famished after that. =)

Creation Cafe is located at 100 Beach Road, #01-43 inside Shaw Leisure Gallery. Nearest MRT station is Bugis. Creation Cafe is positioned at the back, a corner of Shaw Leisure Gallery

Creation Cafe is definitely worth visiting as they provide affordable Italian dishes at only S$9.90 for Lunch Set which consists of a main course, soup and drink. NO service charge or GST too! ;)

Let's check out the wide range of dishes that Creation Cafe offers in their menu.

They offer a wide choice of drinks that you can choose from and I ordered Ice Lemon Tea.
The drink doesn't taste diluted at all! 

For the starter, we had Soup of the day which is the Cream of Mushroom.
The soup tasted like any other mushroom soup except that it's a little salty. I love the generous bits of mushroom in the soup but on the other hand, it is sad that the corn starch in the soup isn't well stirred. Anyway, their garlic bread tasted awesome! I love dipping their garlic bread into the mushroom soup! :p

Moving on, the first Spaghetti we had is the Carbonara.
Creation Cafe's Carbonara is so creamy and cheesy! I love creamy, cheesy Carbonara! There are lots of ingredients in this dish too. If I remember correctly, there are mushroom, bacon, ham and salmon bits. This is a flavorful dish that can satisfy your taste buds. I love their well cooked spaghetti too!

My rating: 4/5

Next, we tried the Seafood Spicy Crabmeat.
This is one of my favourite spaghetti dishes at Creation Cafe! Looking the photos and thinking about the flavour in my mouth makes my mouth watery again. The sauce made this dish unique. The sauce tasted like Creamy Chili Crab. I've eaten Chili Crab before but it's my first time tasting such a creamy sauce. The chili isn't spicy at all, so it is good for people who can't take spicy food. This dish has a generous mix of seafood such as sweet Crab meat, big juicy Prawns, chewy Squid, Salmon bits and others which I've forgotten what they are. Hehe. Creation Cafe is rather meticulous as they have cracked the shell of the crab pincer and peeled off the shell of the prawns. The spaghetti is also well cooked. This dish is recommended by me, must try!

My rating: 5/5

Ok, what's next?

It's the Seafood Java Curry Sauce.
Now we have another seafood dish. The seafood portion and varieties in this dish is still as amazing but instead of Crab meat, there's a huge juicy mussel. You have to try their mussel! It's thumb up! The sauce used for this dish is Java Curry Sauce. According to my sense of taste, the sauce reminds me of Thai Green Curry except that this is a creamy, non-spicy version of Thai Green Curry. Yes, it's another creamy dish. I think the popular dishes at Creation Cafe are mostly creamy dishes. Creamy dishes taste good but there's no specialty when everything is creamy but I still love their seafood and the price is very reasonable.

My rating: 3.5/5

Next, we had Seafood Laksa Cream Sauce.
This dish is almost similar to the Seafood Java Curry Sauce except that the sauce used is different. This dish didn't satisfy my taste buds even though I love eating Laksa because to me, Laksa isn't Laksa when there's no taste of slight spiciness in the sauce and I don't really fancy creamy Laksa. If their Laksa tastes like Katong Laksa, I would surely love it. It's just my personal preference here. :)

My rating: 2.5/5

Now, we have come to the last dish. Can you guess what it will be?

Did you guess Risotto?

Yes, it's Mushroom Risotto.
For every mouth you eat, you can taste mushroom in it, but if you taste it carefully, you can taste vegetables too. This is a well layered dish. I love the sauce but sadly, not the grains. The grains used for this dish aren't those thin, long Thailand grains but similar to Japanese grains which is good. However, if only their grains aren't so dry. I think they have cooked the grains too long that it had turned dry and slight hard which is really a pity coz otherwise this dish would have tasted really good.

My rating: 2.5/5

After we are done with the food, Elfaine gave us a packet of COOKIES! I love cookies! I think maybe I'm a Cookie Monster. Nom Nom Nom....
These cookies are prepared by a Grandma who opens The Wooden Spoon bakery at Shaw Leisure Gallery. I love her cookies but hope she can add a little more butter in it so it won't taste so dry. Just a little suggestion! :) 

Thank you Elfaine for inviting me to this food tasting event.

Hope you have enjoyed reading this post. :)

Love,
Yvonne


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Creation Cafe, Singapore and TSS. Reviews published here are based on my own experiences and opinions. I am not getting paid for this.

2 comments:

  1. is the lunch promo still exist? and from what time is the promo? thanks :) it was a very nice review by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrick, I'm not sure if the promo is still on, you might want to check out at the outlet if you happened to be nearby. I'm sorry for not being able to help.

      Thanks for the compliment. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...