Translate

Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Mentholatum Lip Ice Sheer Color (Strawberry and Shimmer)

Mentholatum newly launched Lip Ice Sheer Color comes in 3 variants Strawberry , Fragrance Free, Shimmer.

In this post, I will be sharing my review on 2 of the 3 variants.

Details about the Strawberry Lip Moisturiser:
Details about the Shimmer Lip Moisturiser:

Can you guess which is Strawberry and which is Shimmer?

Let me show you the difference between the 2.
Without flash:
With flash:
Strawberry Lip Moisturiser looks colorless but it will change color once in contact with the skin. Shimmer Lip Moisturiser looks very shimmery right? It changes color when in contact with the skin too!

Let's check out the swatch! o(ω)o
Without flash:
With flash:
After leaving on my skin for a short while, 
the pink shade became darker.

A shot of myself without applying anything on my lip:
Close up on my lips:

Applying the Strawberry Lip Moisturiser to half of my lip:
Applying the Strawberry Lip Moisturiser to my lip:

A shot of myself with the Strawberry Lip Moisturiser on my lip:
I think that applying a suitable lip color makes a lot of difference to a person's appearance and I really love the shade that turned out on my lip. 

My thoughts:
I love the pinkish girly shade, love the oh-so-sweet strawberry fragrance, love the glossy, plump and moisturised lip that I have after applying the Strawberry Lip Moisturiser. This lip product is really very moisturising and it does not give me chap lip even after removing the product. The downsides for me will be the short strawberry fragrance which is hardly noticeable after a few minutes, and the lip moisturiser also feels a little heavy on my lip. If this lip moisturiser can give a light-weight, natural feeling on the lip, that will be much better. Overall, I still love the 3-in-1 result; moisturiser, lip colour and lip gloss in one product.

My rating: 3.5/5

Price and places to purchase: $7.50, available in Watsons.
Applying the Shimmer Lip Moisturiser to half of my lip:
Applying the Shimmer Lip Moisturiser to my lip:

A shot of myself with the Shimmer Lip Moisturiser on my lip:

My thoughts:
This is my first time trying quite a dark shade on my lip. I think the shade looks quite good on me but I'm still not really comfortable with it. Shimmer Lip Moisturiser and Strawberry Lip Moisturiser works about the same except that Shimmer Lip Moisturiser is less glossy in texture but has more glittery appearance. If you love having a glittery lip, you will love this too. 

My rating: 3/5

Price and places to purchase: $7.50, available in Watsons.

Hope this post have helped you understand more about these products.


Thank you Lip Ice and TSS for letting me review these products.


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Mentholatum Lip Ice Singapore and The Sample Store. Reviews published here are based on my own experience and opinion. I am not getting paid for publishing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...