Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review: Boots 17 BB Magic Cream

In this post, I will be sharing my review on the Boots 17 BB Magic Cream in Translucent.


This BB Magic Cream works as Make-up Base, foundation, sun screen (3-in-1 formulation). That means we can save the amount of time needed to do our makeup. WOW!!! ^_^

Let's check out the ingredients.

Directions to apply and warnings that you have to take note:

Boots 17 BB Magic Cream comes in a thin tube form that is very convenient to bring for overseas trip or carry in your makeup pouch and use it when you need it. The opening of this product is also not too big, so you won't have to worry about spillage or having too much of the product flowing out for each use.

This is the colour of the Boots 17 BB Magic Cream.
The colour actually comes with a bit pinkish but it is difficult to see the exact shade from this photo. When I swatch this product for the first time, I find it rather special. Why did I say so? 
That's because this BB cream actually has a yellowish undertone but at the same time, the colour of the product appears slight pinkish. As you might already know, yellowish undertone might not suit all Asian skin as it appears greyish on us, making our skin looks dull. However, for this Boots 17 BB Magic Cream the effect it gave my skin is totally unexpected. It  helps to brighten up my skin and at the same time, give a slight pinkish shade to my skin. The pink is very light, so it gives a very natural healthy glow.


If you can't get what I'm trying to say, see the photo below.
The hand on the left has Boots 17 BB Magic Cream whereas the hand on the right is my natural skin tone. You will be able to notice from the photo above that the hand on the left looks fairer and radiant with a very natural pinkish tone as compared to the hand on the right that looks dark and dull.

This is the texture of the Boots 17 BB Magic Cream.
I've tried various types of BB cream before but the texture of this product isn't totally similar to the texture of BB creams. The texture felt more like the mattifying type of face primer and indeed, this product managed to control oil and shine, and it gave my skin the matte appearance

Result obtained after blending the Boots 17 BB Magic Cream.
The product blends well on my skin and it makes the lines on my hand not as visible.

Let me show you how this product works on my face. Please pardon my ghostly look ok? I know, it's really terrible. (You may click on the image to give you a clearer view of the difference seen after applying the Boots 17 BB Magic Cream.)
( Review for Boots 17 Oil Control Loose Powder coming up soon! )

My thoughts:
Frankly speaking, I love this product! There are many reasons why I like this but I'll give you 4 main reasons.
1) Simply awesome mixture of yellowish and pinkish shade to brighten my skin and give it a natural glow.
2) It is mattifying, so it managed to keep my T-zone shine-free for 4 to 5 hours.
3) It is a 3-in-1 product, so you can avoid applying layer and layer of product over your face.
4) This product works well for dry but acne-prone skin. (It's because the product gives a suitable amount of hydration to the skin, and it is also in slightly powdery form that helps to control oil production.) 

However, there are 2 things I didn't like.
1) Coverage is not very good as it didn't manage to cover the slight redness on my left cheek but works generally alright for dark circles.
2) I think this product is fragrance free but I didn't like the smell resulted by the ingredients of this product. It is difficult to describe the exact smell but it's something like collagen gel mix aloe vera gel. However, I'm glad that the smell was gone after 2 to 3 minutes of application.

My rating: 3.8/5

Retail price: S$5.61 (before discount) and S$3.93 (after discount) for 15g. Mad cheap!!!

Further details: Boots 17 BB Magic Cream has 2 different shade; Translucent and Rose. You can find out more from Boots' Website.


Thanks for reading and hope you have found this review useful. 


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Boots. Review published here is based on my own experience and opinion. I am not getting paid for this.

2 comments:

  1. where can I buy those products in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,
    Boots products can only be purchase through www.asia.boots.com and they will ship your order to Singapore.

    You can find out about Boots delivery at http://www.asia.boots.com/DeliveryInformation.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...