Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Review on Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel


Hi lovely readers, today I will be reviewing a product from a brand called Suki aka Suki Spa. Have you heard of this brand? If you have not heard about this brand, you will get to know about it at my blog. (^_^)

I would like to share about Suki before reviewing on Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel because Suki is a really amazing organic brand that I need to mention about it!

What's great about Suki?
Suki Skincare is a unique line of 100% natural skin care products. Suki integrates science and traditional formulas in unique luxurious therapeutic treatments that protect and nourish the skin of user. Suki products and ingredients are cruelty free, free of artificial chemical and made fresh by hand in small batches. Products are shipped fresh to buyers within a month of pouring to ensure integrity of formulation. Many products are vegan and Suki operates a virtually carbon neutral policy.

If you are interested to know more about Suki and their organic credentials, you may click here

Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel was awarded Bazaar Beauty Award in 2010, so I trust this product must be worth at least 4 stars out of 5. Read my review to find out whether this product is a yeah or nay.
 

My bottle of Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel was packed nicely and shipped with care together with a product brochure. The product reached me in perfect condition.

 
The product is bubble-wrapped securely and firmly with 2 layers of bubble wraps to prevent damage to the product in the shipping process. Thumbs up to Puretincture!

This is the Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel. I have been using this product since 14 February.


Application method:
This product can be used as spot treatment on blemishes! Yay! I am always happy to try new products that can work as treatment for breakouts because if you have read my other blog posts about breakouts, you would have known that my face is quite prone to breakouts. But the breakouts are usually caused when my skin gets in contact with dust or anything dirty. A pimple will pop out within minutes whenever something dusty or dirty touched my face and those breakouts are really difficult to get rid. My skin is not allergy to anything but it hates dust, so knowing that this product can be used as a spot treatment makes me wanna try this product even more!

That's not all. Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel has other functions as well because it contains great ingredients.

Ingredients:

Problem
Solution
Action
Dull complexion, fine lines & wrinkles
Cranberry glycolic acid
  • Exfoliates damaged cells (non-abrasive)
  • Contains strong anti-microbial properties
Clogged pores & toxic buildup
Botanical enzyme complex 
(apple & pumpkin)
  • Decongests pores
  • Enhances skin cell turnover
Blemishes & inflammation
Standardized white willow bark for active 15% salicylic acid
  • Provides potent anti-inflammatory benefits
  • Helps to reduce impurities & breakouts
Dullness & deep wrinkles
Stabilized vitamin C polypeptide (released with our proprietary bio-delivery system)
  • Accelerates collagen production
  • Enhances clarity


This is the product freshly pumped out from the bottle. The colour is of a dirty yellow shade. If you look closely, you will be able to see some brown/yellow shade 'microbeads'. I think these 'microbeads' are cranberry glycolic that helps to exfoliate the skin.
The photo above shows the 'microbead'.


While spreading the product on my skin, the product becomes a watery texture and it makes spreading of the product really easy. The scent of this product is like pure Vitamin C serum with rose scent plus a bit of herbal and spices scent. I find the scent rather soothing for me and I like it very much.
 

After the product had been evenly applied on my skin, there will be like a layer of gloss but no worries about the glossy layer as it is not greasy or sticky. Leave the product to dry.


10 min later, the product dried up and it is time to rinse it off. The texture and feeling is like I have a layer of glue that dried on my skin but the feeling isn't uncomfortable.

After rinsing, here's how my skin looked like.

My thoughts:
For the first use, it is difficult to see much brightening effect as this product is rather gentle on skin, so each time I use this product, it helps to removes the top layer of dead skin bit by bit. This product works really gently on my skin. After using for a week, the brightening effect becomes much visible and my skin tone looks much even out. This product helps to remove sebum on my skin and prevent clog pores. This product is safe for daily use and it does not result in excessive exfoliation. The downside is that it makes my skin feels slightly dry after each use, so applying moisturizer after that is a must. When I use this product for the first time, I had a small breakout but I think that's because it helps to remove impurities from deep within my skin. 


Now lets see how this product helped to draw out more impurities from deep within my skin and in the end, cure my pimple.


1st use: A breakout that I get from my first use.


2nd use: More impurities drawn out from within.

 3rd use: Pimple became smaller.

 4th use: Pimple became less swollen and much smaller in size.

5th and 6th use: Sorry, forgot to take pictures for these 2 days.

7th use: Pimple dried up and skin is healing.

10th use: Healed but left with a bit of pinkish mark. I believe the mark will be gone upon continue use. 
(The lighting is a bit dim when I take this photo, hence my skin looks darker.)

Looking at the results that Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel gave me, I am satisfied with this product. The results I get:
1) Clearer and brighter skin, much even skin tone.
2) Calms my pimples and clear it without leaving ugly scars.
3) Perfect exfoliator that is gentle for everyday use and helps to unclog my pores.
4) Natural organic ingredients that did not give me irritation or side effects. 

My ratings: 4/5

Suki Spa Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel retails at S$150 at Puretincture

The photo below shows the whole range of Suki products.

sukiface_049

For readers who love organic products, you may like to check out Puretincture as they have various organic brands like Madara, Pure Lochside, Santaverde etc.

Hope you have enjoyed my review and find this review useful. (^_^)


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Suki and Puretincture, Singapore. Review is based on my own experience and opinion. I am not getting paid for sharing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...