Translate

Friday, August 20, 2010

Review on Apothéke Make-Up Brushes

The first thing that I always look out for in Apothéke package is the Apothéke logo sticker! I really like the colour of the sticker and I find the logo simple yet pretty! :))

The brush set comes in a PVC pouch and it consists of 7 brushes.

Let's close up on the brushes.What do you see? (Hint: Something that appears on every brush. ^.^)
L to R: Foundation/Blush Brush, Concealer Brush, Lip Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Mascara Brush, Eyeshadow Sponge Applicator, and Eyebrow Duo Brush and Comb.


1) Apothéke Foundation/Blush Brush
Front view
 Side view

My thoughts:
This brush isn't too dense and it is most suitable for powder make-up because it doesn't pick up too much powder and is able to spread out the powder foundation/ blusher well on my face. The size of this brush is just nice for my cheeks and I am glad that this brush isn't too big or too small in size. I love the length of the handle (10.8cm not including the bristles) for this brush as it makes it easier for me to grip it properly.But this brush is a little bit scratchy though.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes and no. Yes because this brush works well as a foundation/blush brush. No if you are a person who doesn't like brush to have any scratchy feeling.


2) Apothéke Concealer Brush
Front view
 Side view

My thoughts:
I love this brush totally! I love the texture of this brush. This brush feels soft and it feels gentle on my skin even on my eye area. There is no scratchy feeling when I use this brush. I use it as a concealer brush and also as an eyeshadow brush. The size of this brush makes it easy to apply the concealer to any parts of my face. This brush also works well for applying, spreading and blending eyeshadow colours. I love it lots!


Would I recommend it?:
Yes! Totally!

3) Apothéke Lip Brush
Front view
 
Side view

My thoughts:
I like it that this lip brush is firm and yet not too thick or too thin because it makes applying lip colour so much easier and with accuracy. It is very easy to control this brush and it lines my lips well. It is great that this brush comes with the cover so it will not stain the make-up pouch with all my lip colours.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes!


4) Apothéke Eyeliner Brush
Front/Side view

My thoughts: 
I find it easy to control and use this eyeliner brush because the bristle becomes firm when it is "coated" with my liquid eyeliner and makes it easy for me to line my eyes. It is great that the brush comes with a cover too so it won't stain the make-up pouch.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes!


5) Apothéke Mascara Brush
Front/Side view

My thoughts:
This is similar to any of the mascara brush. It helps to separate lashes and remove excess mascara. If you don't want to use it as mascara brush, you can use this to comb your eyebrows.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes but it depends on your need.


6) Apothéke Eyeshadow Sponge Applicator
Front view
 Side view

My thoughts:
I like the size of this eyeshadow sponge applicator as it makes it easier for me to apply the eyeshadow to a larger surface area on my eyelids. This works quite similar to any eyeshadow sponge applicator but I would prefer the tip of it to be narrower so that it will be easier to apply eyeshadow to the teardrop area.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes but it depends on your need.

7) Apothéke Eyebrow Duo Brush and Comb
Front view

My thoughts:  
This brush comes in 2 in 1 which is very handy and convenient to use. I use the left side to comb my brows and the function is similar to any brow brushes but the good thing is that it is not too scratchy or poky and it doesn't feel rough when I use it to brush my brows. I love it. I use the right side to comb and separate my lashes after applying mascara. Sometimes I like to apply some mascara on the comb then use it to comb my lashes so that I can apply mascara and separate my lashes at the same time. The plastic material makes it easy to wash out the mascara from the comb.

Would I recommend it?:
Yes.


How much does this brush set cost?
Apothéke in Singapore sells this brush set for S$15.90.
 
You may check out Apothéke website (the link is at my sidebar) if you would like to check out Apothéke brushes and other products that Apothéke sells.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this review :) Please feel free to ask me if you have any enquiries or you would like to know more about this brush set. :))


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to  Apotheke (Singapore), and reviews published here were based on my own experiences and opinions. The products were given to me to try/reviews. I am not getting paid for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...