Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Hair Shouted Out: Change New Haircare!

Here's my hair concerns before I switch to a new haircare:
- Hair fall and hair breakage 
(I'm not born with lots of hair, so hair fall is consider a very serious issue to me. I don't want to turn bald one day! I've blogged earlier that I can drop about 20 to 30 strands of hair when I comb my hair in the morning and this amount does not include number of hair fall and hair breakage in other times of the day.)
- Unstable hair condition 
(Sometimes my hair gets very frizzy, tangle easily and unmanageable and it really frustrates me.)

Initially, I was using this particular brand which claims to have the function of hair fall control but this shampoo failed to control my hair fall issue and instead, it caused my scalp to feel dry and flaky after each wash. I think this shampoo is too strong for my scalp to take it.

Then I was introduced to Bawang through Fr3b. I've reviewed about Bawang Anti Hair Fall shampoo before. (You may click on the words above to read my review on Bawang shampoo). This Bawang shampoo does help to control my hair fall problem and it works fine on my scalp but it caused my hair to feel dry after each wash. My nose is also sensitive to the shampoo smell and I started having nose itchiness and flu. My flu did not get any better even though I was taking the flu medicine prescribed by my doctor and I had to take stronger medicine for my flu, so on 31 July, I decided to stop using Bawang as my doctor advised and I switched over to a new haircare which is Essential Nuance Airy range. I have been using this range since then.

The Essential Nuance Airy range was sent to me by Kao to review and I have to apologise to Kao that I took so long to post my review. It's because I have been using and tracking how my hair reacted according to this haircare. I also have to thank Kao for letting me have the opportunity to try and review on the Essential Nuance Airy range. Thanks a lot! :))

(*All images were taken before use.)


First to review is the Essential Nuance Airy Shampoo.

I have included the ingredients of the shampoo in case anyone is sensitive to any ingredient. (You may click on the image for clearer view).

This is how the shampoo looks like.

My thoughts:
The shampoo lathers well but it is not the very foamy type, so the amount of shampoo you use have to depend on the length of your hair. (Even though I use this shampoo and the conditioner daily, but the shampoo is used up faster than the conditioner.) I love the fruity floral scent of the shampoo and it makes me feel good smelling it. I've tried a few times just washing my hair with the shampoo without using conditioner and the shampoo does make my hair feel light, soft and smooth. However, the lightness and smoothness of my hair did not last long. When it's around 1pm to 2pm, my hair started to feel heavy and less smooth already, so using a conditioner after shampooing is still better. My scalp feels clean after using this shampoo and it does not make my scalp feels dry. After using for a longer period of time, I find that my number of hair fall each day reduced. I think it's because a healthier scalp gives healthier hair. I enjoy using this shampoo and it suits my hair and scalp.

My rating: 4/5

Price: $4.50 for 200ml/ $9.50 for 550ml

Next is the Essential Nuance Airy Conditioner.

Here's the ingredients.

 This is how the conditioner looks like.

My thoughts:
This conditioner has the same fruity floral scent as the shampoo. It has a creamy texture but not very thick and it spreads well on hair. After using this conditioner, my hair feels softer, smoother and lighter. This conditioner provides my hair with longer lasting lightness and smoothness which is able to last till around 4, 5pm.

My rating: 4/5

Price: $4.50 for 200ml/ $9.50 for 550ml.

Next is the Essential Nuance Airy Treatment.

Here's the ingredients.


This is how the treatment looks like.

My thoughts:
This treatment has 2x more high purity honey and milk protein and I use it twice a week (the number of times you use per week depends on your hair condition.) The texture is slightly creamier than the conditioner but it's not too thick either. When I'm using this treatment, I will not use the conditioner, otherwise my hair will feel too moisturised and will start to feel greasy after that. This treatment has the same fruity floral scent as in the shampoo and conditioner.

My rating: 4/5

Price: $6.50 for 180g.

Next is the Essential Nuance Airy Anti-Frizz Serum.

Here's the ingredients.

My thoughts:
This serum is a colourless oil based treatment but it is not greasy on my hair and it helps to tame the frizz of my hair. I love to use this as it is very easy to use and there is no need to rinse. I just have to apply the serum to the ends of my hair and I can immediately feel that my hair is much smoother and manageable. It also makes my hair much easier to comb through after use. I use this everyday after conditioning and it's able to provide my hair with much longer lasting softness and smoothness. I'm going to finish the serum soon and I am going to stock up on this. This serum is a must have for my hair for daily use.

My rating: 5/5

Price: $10.90 for 60ml. ( The serum is the most recent launch from Essential and it's available in Singapore already).

Lastly, it's the Essential Nuance Airy Intensive Hair Mask.


Here's the ingredients. The image is a bit small, so if you would like to have a clearer view, you may click on the image.


Here's how the hair mask looks like.


My thoughts:
I use this once a week as it contains 3x more high purity honey and milk protein and my hair feels much smoother, softer and manageable after use. I love the softness and smoothness of my hair after using it. The best thing is that I don't have to leave it on my hair for long, just 5 minutes and I can rinse off already. My hair texture feels really really good after using the hair mask. It is advisable to rinse off the hair mask thoroughly, otherwise hair will feel greasy at the end of the day. I feel that it's very difficult to use with the tub because every time I dig out the hair mask with my wet hands after shampooing, I feel that I am contaminating the rest of the hair masks in the tub. I would much prefer this to be in a squeeze out tube container. I would prefer using the treatment to this since both work much the same on my hair and it's easier to use the treatment which is in squeeze out tube form.

My rating: 3.5/5

Price: $9.90 for 200g

Where to purchase the products?
The products are available at leading supermarkets, hypermarkets and pharmacies island wide.


You may visit Essential's website at http://web.kao.com/sg/sassykawaii/ if you would like to know more about Essential haircare products.

If you have any enquiry about the products, do feel free to ask me. :))


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Kao (Singapore) Private Ltd. and reviews published here were based on my own experiences and opinions. The products were given to me to try/reviews. I am not getting paid for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...